Pursuant to Presidential Proclamation No. 247, s. 2002, the Philippine Institute for Development Studies (PIDS) will lead the annual Development Policy Research Month (DPRM) celebration in September. The celebration serves as a platform to promote and draw nationwide awareness of the importance of policy research in nation building.
This year’s theme, “Reset and Rebuild for a Better Philippines in the Post-Pandemic World” or in Filipino “Muling Magsimula at Magtayo Tungo sa Mas Matatag na Pilipinas Pagkatapos ng Pandemya”, aims to emphasize that to be able to rebuild from the COVID-19 pandemic and create a better Philippines, we need to reset our paradigms and practices by balancing the interests of people, profit and planet or by placing equal importance on economic, social and environmental well-being and sustainability.
To promote public awareness in the observance of the event, all government agencies are encouraged to undertake the following activities/initiatives:
1. Display of the DPRM 2021 official banner within the agency’s premises or the electronic banner in the agency’s respective websites and social media accounts. Template of the banner may be downloaded from this link: http://bit.ly/dprm2021. For the banner specifications, agencies may email Ms. Rica Thea Ladaga at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Feature DPRM Promotional videos, infographics and related announcements on the agency’s respective websites and social media accounts.
3. Follow PIDS’s official social media accounts.
4. Participate in DPRM virtual events this September such as the kickoff press conference and the Annual Public Policy Conference (APPC) webinar series. All of the events are open to the public and will be streamed live on the PIDS Facebook Page. 27s.
5. Organize activities - virtual or otherwise - that may be relevant to the theme or to policy research.
Copyright © 2021. Philippine Institute for Development Studies. All Rights Reserved.